Tennessee Sports Betting Online
With no land-based sportsbooks or casinos, legal sports betting in Tennessee wasn’t available. Tennessee residents had nowhere to gamble. The only form of gambling that was permitted before passing the bill was State lottery games, daily fantasy sports, and Tennessee online horse betting. When you browsed around any legal sportsbook before the legalization of online gambling for certain US states, everywhere you would see red flags next to USA. USA states never gave up hope that sports betting will be legalized. That is what everybody was used to, that is no longer true, more and more states join Tennessee Online Sports Betting in 2020.
Sports Legislation: Tennessee Sports Betting Law
It was a momentous occasion for sports when Gov. Bill Lee passed Tennessee HB1 in May 2019. Even though legislators instilled new sets of rules, regulations, and laws coming with the passing of the bill, it cannot place a damper on the excitement of finally having the ability of legal gambling. While no land-based options are allowed mobile and online gaming is legal with the Tennessee Lottery overseeing sports market in Tennessee. 20 % of tax revenue will go towards local governments, education, and gambling addiction.
Online sportsbooks in Tennessee:
DraftKings Sportsbook App
One of first sportsbooks to spread across allowed states is DraftKings with an impressive $1, 025 welcome bonus. It included a no deposit bonus for new players of $25. It is big on large markets like pro leagues including KBO, NCAAF, NFL, NHAL, NBA, PGA, Tennis, MMA, MLB, Boxing, soccer, etc.
Excellent mobile apps and other platforms play here where fantasy sports and other sports reign. A $500 risk-free bet guarantees it attracts players.
A strong sportsbook for Tennessee enthusiast with up to $500 risk-free bet plus additional weekly free ones up to $5. Ongoing bonuses and promotions plus superior sports selections, great customer support, and banking make it highly recommended.
This operator gives a 100% matching bonus to new players for up to $150 while it also gives $10 free when you register. It also offers smooth Android Apps and iOS users with excellent wagering including totals, Moneylines, and spreads.
Another industry leader with cast banking options unlike any other. New players get a $30 free bet for only $10 plus a brilliant loyalty program. Excellent sports availability with numerous markets for each.
This is an established platform with an outstanding variety of sports, live wagers, and one of the best online sports betting apps. A vast number of banking options and sportsbook features that few others have including diverse markets on each sport
Vast payment methods on BetAmerica, mobile horse bets, cash out option, and excellent bonuses. It offers up to $100 matching bonuses as well as a $25 free bet for first-time players.
A matching deposit of $300 plus $10 free bet while it is linked to several land-based locations in several US states, except Tennessee. Use promo code BETFREE10 when you sign up and start investing in top sports via mobile, desktop, or Caesars app.
Excellent sport selection, BetMGM is part of GVC Holdings and MGM Resorts. Plenty of bonuses and promotions with superior markets.
- Racetracks – Tennessee has no racetracks even though horse races are very popular. Therefore, is wagering allowed through most legal racing sites.
- Off-track – off-track wagers are allowed at:
- AmWager where punters must be over 21 to bet. it gives players a welcome bonus of up to $500 to get their horse wagers off on a good start.
- Twinspires is just as popular with a great welcome bonus to attract more punters. Here you get $100 free when wagering $500.
- BetAmerica also welcomes Tennessee horse racing fans where you can also get up to $100 matching bonus.
- TVG is a giant in the horse racing industry with its offer of bet $200 and gets another $200 free.
Types of legal Tennessee Sports Betting
- Point spread – most sportsbooks offer this popular bet that punters use to choose odds that bookmakers set. Odds are towards bookmaker’s favor.
- Money line – bet on the winning team with odds in plus or minus which is important as favorites have + and underdog gas minus odds. You win more on a good underdog.
- Totals – two teams total combined bet type that also called overs-unders. Bet on it going either way.
- Partial game lines – a combination of bets like various odds, total bet, and Moneyline. It’s easy to use a slip making partial game lines bet as focus shifts to in-play scores.
- Parlay – more than one result with a combination bet like parlay giving more winning chances and a higher payout.
- Teasers – football and basketball favorite bets.
- Pleasers – work similarly to teasers with more winning opportunities.
- Round robin – you don’t have to win each parlay wager that is contained within the large bet which is the Round Robin.
- Futures – great for Super Bowl Weekends, us Open Golf, and other future games.
- In-play – watch a game to see which way it goes to place a bet.
- Propositional wagers – decide as the game unfolds like what happens with players during seasons of tennis, baseball, cricket series, etc.
Betting on popular sports
Betting on Super Bowl
The odds for the 2021 Super Bowl are already open at top TN Online Sportsbooks. FanDuel already has odds that opens at +600 for the newly crowned Chiefs. Baltimore Ravens are standing at +700 while you can see high odds like +2800 for teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Indianapolis, etc.
Betting on March Madness
Considering that $8.5 billion was wagered on the 2019 NCAA Tournament while there was no legal sports wagering, what will the March Madness look like in 2020 and 2021. While the 2020 season is gone, punters can start planning 2021 college basketball through sportsbooks online
Betting on NFL Sunday
NFL Sunday remains a priority for its sports fans with odds out for the next round of championships with NFL Sunday a top bet around the USA with a strong preference for college football.
Betting on Tennessee’s sports teams
The bulk of Tennessee sports revenue is highly likely going to come from sports teams like NCAA college and professional leagues. The potential forecast looks like this:
- MLS – the Volunteer State previously has minor-league soccer with the expansion from Major Sports Leagues, USL to Nashville SC. The team started in 2020 playing at the Nissan stadium, but its season was cut short due to the coronavirus pandemic. In 2022 it is slated to soccer-only stadium status.
- NHL – if you expected no hockey bets in Tennessee, you are mistaken as over 10 years ago it became immensely popular. Nashville Predators are the former champions of Western Conference.
- NBA – while it remained popular it is increasingly so with the legalization of betting. A popular wagering option in Tennessee is the Memphis Grizzlies.
- NFL – in their home state, the Tennessee Titans are expected to attract plenty of play as the enjoyed a great 2019 season during the AFC Championship. They should continue to attract attention in AFC South division.
Are online fantasy sports betting in Tennessee legal?
While players were not allowed to bet on sports legally in TN online fantasy sports betting was legal. It was officially signed into law in 2016 and regulated and legal. The secretary of state-issued licenses to interested parties that wanted to obtain legal licenses to operate Daily Fantasy Sports.
- Monkey Knife Fight – after its launch in 2018 it rose steadily to become a contender in being a top fantasy sports site by paying out millions in a short period already. Everything about the site is smooth and easy from sign-up to claiming a bonus to participating in top
- FanDuel – this daily fantasy provider has been online for over a decade and the second most popular Daily Fantasy Provider after DraftKings. It hosts the largest number of contests, with payouts of up to $1 million and other equally large pools.
- DraftKings – even though DraftKings only launched a couple of years after FanDuel, it quickly rose to the number one spot in fantasy sports. It gives massive payouts and its contests are not as hard to win like that of FanDuel.
Banking and Withdrawal
- Debit & credit cards – a casino gambling favorite both for players plus sportsbooks with a minimum deposit of $10 acceptable. Instant deposit while withdrawal depends on the sportsbook operator and bank, but the average is a minimum of 5 days.
- E-wallets – Skrill, EcoPayz, Neteller are among the preferred for its safety and secure method both for depositing and instant withdrawal. Money is back into account within 24-hours.
- Pre-paid cards – Casino cards are increasingly offered for instant payment and withdrawal at land-based casino partnered by online sportsbook. Paysafecard is popular but allows only to deposit funds and no withdrawal.
- Pay by phone – as you would pay bills with your phone bill, you can now fund your player’s account. The difference is that you cannot withdraw funds back to your phone but in this instance PayPal or cards are the recommended methods.
- PayPal – anonymous banking is what draws players towards PayPal as well as its superior security and safety. Speed is another advantage with no minimum deposit or withdrawal amounts. Instant deposit and up to 24-hours withdrawal.
- PayNearMe – highly recommended, instant deposit method with no fees. Get Paynearme at your local 7-Eleven, get a card, add some cash, and send the code to your casino or sportsbook account. Instant funding but no withdrawal option.
Is online betting legal in Tennessee?
- Yes, sports wagers are legal in Tennessee since 2019 and all residents can begin betting online via recommended sportsbooks.
Can I bet on sports on my phone in Tennessee?
- Yes, with no retail sports betting locations open to place bets, everyone of legal age within Tennessee lines can bet on mobile. Mobile sports betting via sportsbook apps and online wagers are allowed with TN online sports betting apps at all allowed sports operator platforms.
Where can I bet on sports in Tennessee?
- You must live in Tennessee and within its borders. While you do not need to be a resident of Tennessee, you can place wagers on its sportsbooks while in the state lines. Phones and online casino platforms have geolocation software that knows when you are outside state lines and even when you have an app installed you will not be able to bet when you leave the state.
How old do I have to be to bet in Tennessee?
- The minimum age for any person to place a wager in Tennessee is 21-years which is also the minimum age throughout all states in the United States. The legal age was set through regulator of sports betting which applies to all sports bookies.