A Guide To The Best Tennessee NFL Online Sports Betting Sites
Online sportsbook betting in TN made its debut on 1st November 2020, and since then, Tennessee citizens have been eagerly waiting for football betting. Citizens residing in the state of Tennessee can now voluntarily go for NFL live betting. Even though online wagering started from 1st November but the Governor has allowed the bill to become law on 30th April 2019 without signing. Although a football sports tournament takes place in the winter, wagering runs throughout the year.
Sports fans can bet from the preseason to the Super Bowl in different bets. Everyone is waiting for the 2020-21 postseason kicks to start on 9th January 2021 to start in-play NFL betting. On 1st November 2020, four TN online sports betting sites were ready for launch. But only three top NFL Betting Sites in TN started their operation. On this sports betting guide, get to know about everything before the season begins.
The Tennessee NFL Betting Sites
Tennessee is one of the Southern states that have legalized sports betting, and the active TN Online Sportsbooks for NFL Bets are:
In the legal states, DraftKings is the popular sports betting app in TN. It is the biggest sportsbook, and when you sign up, you get up to 1,025 in two bonuses. The bonus is divided into two categories; a $25 free bonus and a 20% match deposit bonus till $1000. It has a great app for iOS and Android with wide banking options, like PayPal, credit, and debit cards, bank transfer, check, e-wallets, etc. are present. The TN mobile sports betting site has been created with unique features so that it is easier for players to find out a particular section.
Established in 2018, and the brand is new in the wagering world. It is a New Jersey-based licensed and regulated site and soon grabbed attention because of the mobile platform and web browser. The brand is operating in various US states, and recently it was introduced in Tennessee. The rewards given to newbies when they sign up on the website is a risk-free bet of $1000. A plethora of features is available on TN retail sportsbook, making it a suitable choice for bettors to opt for.
It is known as MGM sportsbook, and legal sports betting in Tennessee gives a 100% deposit match bonus of $500. Considering its popularity in the gambling sector, the website was launched in various states in the US. Football enthusiasts planning to sign up on the website must type the bonus code PLAYBONUS to avail of the offer. Make a minimum deposit of $25, after which the bonus amount will reflect in your account. Geolocation verification software is used by the website, so if you are not in the state, you cannot sign up.
Types Of Wagers
Fans indeed waited for a long time to go for online betting even after legalization has been in effect since April 2019. Now that it is live, and the sports leagues are approaching, look at the wagers:
- Moneyline Betting: It is a direct bet, indicating pick up the winner, and often known as a straight-up bet. It means you are selecting one squad over the other. Here the teams are indicated by a positive and negative number indicating underdogs and favorites. Players choose favorites, but if they bet on underdogs and win, they get a huge payout.
- Point Spread: It is a figure specified by the sportsbook specialist to give perks depending on the expected winning margin. Gamblers must decide if a particular team will defeat the other team by how much margin.
- Totals: The total is the combined score of both the teams are going to make today. In short, it is a number specified by the oddsmakers, and you must decide whether it will be higher or lower. Based on that, choose over/under; over stands if the score will be higher and under for lower.
- Prop: Here, the outcome of the game will not have any effect on the game. Some examples of props are anytime touchdown scorer, first touchdown scorer, etc. It can also be a coin toss, the color Gatorade used to drench the coach who will win at the end, the duration of the National Anthem of the US, and many more.
- Futures: It is a wager and happens by the end of the present NFL season for the next. The most popular wager here is who will win the Super Bowl? Some more examples of future bets are odds to win the conference, Defensive Player of the Year, Regular-Season Win Totals, Regular-Season MVP, etc.
- Parlay: A combination of two to three bets altogether, like spread, a Moneyline, total bets, etc., on a single wager is a parlay. Make sure to hit all of them to win the target.
- Live Betting: It is made after a game has already started, and you can go ahead with results of the drive that will help you give some idea about the next pass if the team scores the goal, etc. The odds are based on the availability of time, and more and less, it is like a share market.
- Teaser: Similar to parlays, but the bet is in favor of players. It is less risky as you have the opportunity to change the present total lines or points spread.
When Is NFL Betting The Biggest In TN?
The craze for Tennessee NFL betting is increasing rapidly, and from the preseason to the end, everyone wants to know when they can wager.
- The Regular Season is the biggest season, with a lot of teams going against each other. Every bettor waits for the season to return so that they can start wagering and win huge payouts.
- The season end is considered a bit slow when it comes to betting due to lack of interest as their favorite team may not have qualified. At the same time, they are excited about wild card entries, conference games, and divisional games.
- Thanksgiving is also the biggest time to wager on football sports fans. Many players are there who wait for Thanksgiving time to place the wagers.
- The Super Bowl is also the single biggest day, and millions of people watch the match. With the legalization of sports betting in many states, many players will want to bet on it.
How To Read Odds?
Odds are in three categories; Decimal, Fractional, and American. But in most of the sportsbooks, the American method is used, where the number will be in three digits. The NFL football odds and NFL Championship odds are stated by negative and positive signs. The underdogs are indicated by a positive sign, while a negative for favorites. The odd states are the amount on a bet of $100.
When you start betting on the tournament, a few tips are there to be considered, and they are:
Check The Free Expert Picks
Look at the library of expert picks as it will give you a look at the critical insights. A detailed analysis of the match will help you understand on whom you should place the bet. You can find this on the sportsbook where you are signing up.
The Wagering News
Checking the wagering news section is of utmost importance as it will help in understanding the present status of the players, the weather conditions, etc. All these things play a major role in determining which team will win the match.
Latest News On NFL
The NFL 2020-21 Season is the first to have 17 games. The Wild-card games will start on 9th and 10th January 2021, the Divisional Games on 16th and 17th January and the Conference Championships on 24th January, and the Super Bowl on 7th February.
With the launch of top betting sites in Tennessee, citizens are excited to wager on the sports. The winning opportunities are higher if you follow the betting tips and opt for a licensed website. In 2021, many sportsbooks are expected to get launched, but till then, you can sign up on anyone from the above list and go ahead. Betting is a great way to earn some money while enjoying the match with friends.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where in TN can I bet on the NFL?
- The sportsbooks through which you can bet are BetMGM, FanDuel, and DraftKings. It allows you to bet on individual NFL games through the betting apps and web browser both.
What types of bets can I make on NFL games?
- The bets on events in TN are parlays, props, Moneylines, points spread, teasers, totals, live bets, etc. Every wager has a unique definition and ensures that you understand them before using them.
What factors should be considered while betting on NFL games?
- The factors are: choose a reputed betting site, look for the bonuses, understand the wagers, betting types, etc. Also, prepare a proper betting strategy that will help increase your winnings.
How old should I be to bet on the NFL in Tennessee?
- You have to be 21 years old to start betting. For that, register in a legal sportsbook by providing details like name, email address, phone number, Social Security number, etc.
What are the most popular games to bet in the NFL?
- The popular games are the Regular Season, The Super Bowl, etc. The postseason will start on 9th January 2021, so be ready for that. It is a great time to win place bets and win them.